Looking for a healthy meal for family and friends? How about Barbacoa Tacos with Salsa Verde.
Chef Brad shares his favorite recipe below that makes 15 tacos.
Barbacoa Tacos with Salsa Verde Ingredients
1 bag Piedmont BBQ Barbacoa
15 taco shells
2c diced tomatoes
10oz queso fresco
1c diced red onion
3 large tomatillos
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp chipotle powder
½ cup of cilantro
Barbacoa Tacos Preparation Instructions
Boil large pot of water and make salsa verde
- Fill a large pot of water with 4 quarts of water and bring to boil.
- Remove husks and quarter tomatillos
- In a food processor or blender, combine tomatillos, garlic, cumin, chipotle and cilantro.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and salt to taste, then pulse until a chunky salsa forms.
- Dice tomatoes and onion.
- Crumble queso fresco.
- From frozen, place sealed bag of Barbacoa in boiling water for 12-15 minutes or until contents reach 165 degrees.
- Once Barbacoa is reheated, cut open bag and toss in a bowl.
- Fill tacos shells of your choice with meat and garnishes and finish with salsa verde.
Enjoy Barbacoa Tacos with Friends & Family
These make a great lunch or quick dinner option. You can serve buffet style and let people build their own or serve them plated.
Works great with either hard or soft taco shells.