Piedmont BBQ Co. is now featuring three new flavorful main dishes with an Asian twist – Lime Tamari Flank Steak, Garlic Tamari Chicken Wings, Ginger Tamari Marinated Pork Tenderloin – as well as our very versatile Swiss Army Rub which is great for any meat or vegetable.
Each new product is amped up to the highest level of flavor that is sure to please anyone’s palette. They can be cooked several ways, depending on your preference. We provided more details on each of these new items below, a few interesting tidbits, and some tips on how you can cook these new items.
Lime Tamari Flank Steak
Our new Lime Tamari Flank Steak is pasture-raised and locally-sourced from Stone Mountain Cattle Co. It’s been marinated overnight in a flavorful sauce of lime, tamari, and other herbs, flash-frozen to maintain freshness and vacuum sealed in a BPA-free bag.
Flank steak is one of our favorite cuts that is found on the cow’s lower chest or abdominal muscle. It’s a thick-grained, lean and somewhat tough cut so marinating for several hours to help tenderize it is essential.
We enjoy our Lime Tamari Flank Steak grilled at a medium rare temperature. Here are some grilling tips:
- First, heat up the grill on high.
- Next, place the flank steak on the hot side of the grill. Grill for 1 – 2 minutes per side.
- Move the steak to the cooler side of the grill, cover and cook a few more minutes to your preferred temperature.
- The best way to test the temperature is based on the ‘squishiness’ of the meat. The squishier the meat, the rawer it is.
- You can also use a meat thermometer.
- Rare: 120 – 125 degrees
- Medium Rare: 130 – 140 degrees
- Medium: 145 degrees
- Once the steak is cooked to your liking, let it rest for up to 10 minutes. This helps seal in the flavor.
- When you’re ready to serve the steak, it’s imperative to thinly slice it at an angle across the grain of the meat.
We love pairing flank steak with baked potatoes, wild rice, grilled asparagus or a salad. A glass of red wine is also a must.
Garlic Tamari Marinated Chicken Wings
Our new Garlic Tamari Marinated Chicken Wings, locally-sourced from Springer Mountain Farms, are marinated in a flavorful sauce of garlic, tamari, and ginger. The wings have been flash-frozen to maintain freshness and vacuum sealed in a BPA-free bag.
Chicken wings are one of our favorite mains to enjoy while watching a game, cooking out with friends and even during a family movie night. They’re delicious, fun to eat and the sauce opportunities are truly endless.
There are three types of wings – the flat wing, the drumette and the whole wing. But don’t be picky on the wing type – what truly matters is how they’re prepared, their level of crispiness and the flavor profile and amount of rub or sauce. We recommend grilling the Garlic Tamari Wings because the flames seal in the best flavor.
Here are a few pointers on how to grill our wings:
- Preheat a gas grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees).
- Place the wings on the grill and crowd them together so they are all touching (this helps them stay moist).
- Grill and turn the wings every five minutes for a total of 20 minutes.
Ginger Tamari Marinated Pork Tenderloin
Our new Ginger Tamari Marinated Pork Tenderloin is pasture-raised, locally-sourced pork tenderloin marinated in a flavorful sauce of ginger and tamari. The tenderloin has been flash-frozen to maintain freshness and vacuum sealed in a BPA-free bag. Thaw in fridge before grilling or baking.
Pork tenderloin is a lean, boneless cut of meat. It is the most tender cut of pork that comes from the loin, which runs from the hip to the shoulder of the pig. It averages about one – three pounds and is always sold whole.
We suggest grilling or baking our new Ginger Tamari Marinated Pork Tenderloin.
- First, heat up the grill on high.
- Next, turn down to medium high and place the pork tenderloin on the grill.
- Grill on medium high heat for 15 – 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
Our pork tenderloin is delicious with sweet or scalloped potatoes, rice and a spinach or arugula salad.
Swiss Army Rub
Our new Swiss Army Rub is a flavorful, versatile rub for any meat or vegetable. Star ingredients include salt, paprika, brown sugar, pepper, chili powder, cumin, onion, mustard seed, and red pepper flakes.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @piedmontbbqco for new product announcements, meal ideas, recipes, grilling tips and more.