Back-to-school season has arrived, which means it’s time to start shopping for school supplies, new backpacks, new clothes and more. But even more important, our kids can finally get back to a routine…phew.
The daily grind of catching the bus on time, after school activities, homework and so much more can be exhausting for any parent. But we have made one important task a little easier – packing a delicious lunch.
Let’s face it – it can be very frustrating to unpack a kid’s lunch at the end of the day to be greeted by uneaten food that has to be thrown away. You also wonder how your kid survived the entire school day on a few chips!
Piedmont Kitchen Co. has created a simple, delicious chicken salad recipe with our Buttermilk Brined Smoked Chicken that nearly every kid will actually eat! It’s also full of protein to keep their bellies full the rest of the day. We recommend preparing it in advance and serving it all week to not only avoid those last minute, ‘thrown together’ PB & Js, but to make your life a little easier too. Because that’s what we’re here to do.
Here’s the recipe for Byrd’s Famous Chicken Salad. We recommend serving this in a Bento Box because you can easily add a variety of delicious sides like crackers or a croissant, celery, carrots, grapes, apple slices, cheeses and more.
Byrd’s Famous Chicken Salad
- 1 bag (1 lb.) Piedmont Kitchen Co. Buttermilk-Brined Pulled Chicken (Cooked and Drained)
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Salt
- ½ Small Red Onion, Finely Minced
- 2 Stalks Celery, Finely Minced
- Place the bag of Buttermilk-Brined Pulled Chicken in boiling water for approx. 15 minutes.
- Drain the chicken and place in a bowl.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in the bowl.
- Taste for seasoning and add more mayonnaise for a creamier chicken salad.